Monday 12 April 2010

The WireWorkers Guild


















Don't forget the

BIG BEAD Show
at Sandown Park this
Saturday ...
17th April!!

Any Guild member
that wishes to introduce
themselves, can meet
at 12pm near entrance
to cafeteria. Wear a
badge with
WWGUILD

for proof of identity!
If, like me, you don't think
you'll have time to create
something artistic with
wire and beads ... all will
be forgiven if you just have
a sticker as a label!

*************************
I will be posting up some very interesting and inspiring Designer work sooooon, from our very own Guild members - so keep reading and watching the blog ...

***************************

The images scattered around the page are Peruvian
Wire Jewellery
pieces that I purchased very cheaply
and which I thought might have little inspirational segments
for all you wire wigglers out there! Peru is full of Inca heritage
and symbolism and these contemporary pieces embody this ...
I hope you will enjoy studying the images to trigger your own creativity!



LOOK at
the
amazing
craft-
manship!




The piece on the left has a central
spiral, which, as in most ancient
designs, symbolises the life cycle:
birth, life, death and
reincarnation ...

















I also hope to be talking about JIGS soon ...
so if anyone has any questions, advice,
images of jig designs, infact, ANYTHING
relating to wire-jigging ... just email me: linda.jones@wirejewellery.co.uk




Having studied the Peruvian
pieces, there where a few
shapes that I wanted to
extract. These wire
shapes,

or units
can be
used in
new
designs.

Below are
some of
the shapes
that I have
extracted
...












3 comments:

  1. Pretty jewellery, I like the black with the blue stone best :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a little too "frilly" for my taste - but there are some nice wire shapes that can be copied and incorporated in new, more contemporary designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Peruvian designs Linda and there are some great component ideas in there ...nice wire "loopy twiddlies" on the last photo either side of the central piece. If I can get my act together (and dog minder!) I hope to get to the Bead Show on Saturday and see you there!

    ReplyDelete