Thursday 20 December 2018

REVIEW of 2018

I do hope that The WireWorkers Guild is a resource and
inspiration to many budding, as well as blooming, wire jewellery
enthusiasts! My aim has always been to share my designs and
experimentations with a wider audience to hopefully impact my
personal passion and knowledge to others.

There are endless possibilities when working with wire and
being creative is the glue that holds me together and provides
me with a greater sense of self-worth and fulfillment! Therefore,
I do hope, that by continuing to write this blog, a little bit of
that glue rubs off on you too, as I am a firm believer that creativity
is an essential part of well-being (especially in this fast pacing,
technological world that we all in habit!).

Please do revisit these and older projects further back, because
they might trigger new inspiration on your own creative paths.
So, here's a glance, (with links) to all the tutorials that I provided
throughout 2018:

Beginning in January (which seems a decade ago now!), I kicked
off the year with Spiral Hearts:






















Once you've mastered the basic 'heart' shape, the possibilities are
endless! This could be one to bookmark for Valentines Day in 2019!






















I also gave you a feast of different Ring Designs:






















Take another look if you want to create fun, quick finger
decorations!

Skipping on to March, I gave you a simple Tree of Life
tutorial:






















This is a classic wire workers project, that can be
created with seed beads, or semi-precious chip stones.

I followed the 'tree' with the perfect accompaniment:
a Bird's Nest Pendant, for Easter:



















A great way to use up a few pearls:


















Moving on to the month of April, I wrote my blog about personal
'Styling' jewellery, packing it with lots of images for inspiration!






















That same month, by popular demand, I also shared my   
'Go With the Flow' design:



















This is such a versatile design and once you've mastered the
technique, it provides endless style possibilities!






















Moving on to the month of May, I showed you my  
Nucleus Necklace,























More bold, popular statement jewellery!

The warmth of June, the triggered a seed beady, Beach Design:






















If you have lots of little seed beads in your stash ... this is a
good one to try!






















Any shape. Any colour. Give it a go!

In July, my Summer Butterfly flew in!






















This is always a popular design! I even made some
larger versions out of aluminium wire and turned them
into fridge magnets!






















For August, I revisited an old favourite: the Squiggle Ring:




































In September I brought you the Framed Bead Tutorial:




















Which gives you endless possibilities to 'set off' a feature bead
and can also be interpreted as a bracelet design:






















Then in October, I hit out with the Curly Wurly Brooch!
A great way to practice those spirals! (Going round the bend
is fun!).















And there was even a Christmas version!
















Another October offering, was my Scarf Slide, which makes
a perfect gift for scarf wearing family members and friends:





















This came in a trio of shaped designs:


















... and colours:


















In November, I revisited the Bubble Chain (taken
from my second published book).






















I showed you different versions and combinations with
or, without beads ...







































And finally, in this month of December, I completed the year with
a festive tutorial: Christmas Wreath Decoration!






















Which can be created in variety of ways!






















That concludes my calendar of designs for 2018!

So, here's wishing you the best Christmas 
ever and hoping that 2019 brings happiness,
health and peace to you all!
Happy Holidays!










3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy this blog. This year, my favorite thing was the scarf slide. What a great stocking stuffer! And so many different looks! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you liked the Scarf Slide! Thanks for your feedback and Happy Creating for 2019! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved your wire work so many possibilities once you get the techniques down..creatively flows with the lines of wire

    ReplyDelete